Tuesday, December 13, 2011

We are doing it. Taking a real life, tropical mommy and daddy vacation.

We went on a long weekend to NYC last month. It was traumatic, but ok once I got out of Ohio. THe night we dropped Allie off at Mimis was rough. For mommy and for Allie. There were lots of tears. I missed her so much, I am not sure what is convincing me that adding more space and days to it is ok.

Its not really OK in my brain. I want to cry just thinking about leaving her for a whole 5 days. I will be miserable, and in a foreign country. No facetime there. But I NEED this vacation. Jason and I NEED this vacation to remind us of days past. Who knows if we will ever do another trip like this until Allie is 18. Or 30.

So tomorrow we are booking it. Sandals Grand Bahamian. With our dear friends, Erin and Kevin. Allie's Godparents. They will not miss her like we do. I will miss you little peanut. But when we come home we will have 4 days with you before we go back to work. And it will be ALLLLLLL Allie time. I can't wait to see you again, and I haven't even left yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment